This Makita 5740NB 7-1/4" Circular Saw has a powerful 10.5 amp motor with a no-load speed of 4,700 RPM that delivers only 84 dB for quiet operation, with a heavy-gauge aluminum wraparound base engineered for a longer tool life. The 5740NB has a cutting capacity of 2-1/2 inches at 90 degrees and 1-5/8 inches at 45 degrees.
The 5740NB has ruler markings on the base for precise cutting. Blade changes are convenient with a flat motor-housing design for increased stability when changing blades. The saw has a well-balanced design and weighs only 8 pounds for easy handling. The saw includes a thin kerf carbide-tipped blade engineered for fast cutting. Makita's 5740NB is engineered for framing walls, siding, roofs, and floors using a range of dimensional lumber. It is ideal for framers, builders, masons, and contractors seeking a superior 7-1/4-inch circular saw with less weight.
- Powerful 10.5 AMP motor delivers 4,700 RPM
- Heavy gauge aluminum wraparound base ensures stable support
- Ruler markings on base for precise cutting
- Low noise (84dB) for quiet operation
- Flat motor housing design increases stability when changing blades
- Includes thin kerf carbide tipped blade for fast cutting
- Line on blade case indicates blade position for accurate cutting