This light-weight clearing tool is also sometimes called a briar hook. Features a 12" double edge blade fastened toa 30" wooden handle.
- 12" double-edge blade fastened to a 30" wooden handle.
- Blanked from high carbon hot-rolled American strip steel.
- Oil quenched for uniform harness and straightness.
- Drawn or tempered for best edge-holding and toughness.
- Top grade American hickory handle.
- Machine ground for uniform edge.
- Cutting edge is hand polished and sharp
- Made in USA
Council Tool Company is known for our superior quality brush clearing tools. Chances are you can find one of these in your father or grandfather's tool shed. The handle may need replacing but the blade can be sharpened to work just as well as a brand new one. Manufactured from high carbon steel, then oil quenched for uniform hardness and straightness then they are tempered for the best edge holding and toughness. This would be the last tool of its kind one you would ever buy. They are worth every penney!
WARNING: Shrubbing tools are intended to cut weeds, vines, briars, wood and other similarly soft materials. Never strike metal, stone or other hard objects.